Having a properly installed windshield on your vehicle is crucial for several reasons. Not only does it protect you and your passengers from the elements, but it also plays an important role in maintaining the structural integrity of your vehicle.
Here are 20 reasons why a properly installed windshield is so important:
- Preventing Injuries: A properly installed windshield can prevent severe injuries in a collision. It keeps occupants inside the vehicle and prevents them from being ejected, which is especially important in high-speed crashes. In addition, a proper windshield installation can reduce the risk of cuts and other injuries caused by broken glass.
- Maintaining Visibility: A windshield installed correctly allows for unobstructed visibility while driving, reducing the risk of accidents due to poor visibility. Properly installed windshields also help to reduce glare from the sun and other bright lights, improving visibility for the driver and passengers.
- Enhancing Structural Integrity: The windshield is an important component of a vehicle’s structural integrity. In the event of a collision, a properly installed windshield can help prevent the roof from collapsing, protecting the vehicle’s occupants. A poorly installed windshield can compromise the vehicle’s structural integrity and increase the risk of injury or death in the event of an accident.
- Airbag Functionality: The windshield plays a critical role in the deployment and function of the airbags. If the windshield is not properly installed, the airbags may not deploy correctly – or at all – increasing the risk of serious injury or death. In addition, a properly installed windshield ensures that the airbag deploys in the correct location and protects the vehicle’s occupants.
- Soundproofing: A properly installed windshield helps reduce the outside noise entering the vehicle’s cabin, creating a quieter and more comfortable driving experience. This is especially important for long trips, where excessive noise can be a major distraction and cause fatigue.
- Improved Fuel Efficiency: A properly installed windshield reduces drag on the vehicle, improving fuel efficiency and saving you money on gas over time. By reducing the amount of air resistance, a properly installed windshield allows the vehicle to move more efficiently through the air, using less fuel in the process.
- Aesthetics: A properly installed windshield can enhance the overall appearance of your vehicle, making it look more polished and well-maintained. A poorly installed windshield can detract from the vehicle’s appearance and make it look unkempt.
- Preventing Leaks: A poorly installed windshield can allow water and other fluids to seep into the vehicle, causing damage to the interior and electrical systems. This can also create a breeding ground for mold and other harmful bacteria, which can cause health problems for the vehicle’s occupants.
- Preventing Wind Noise: A windshield not installed correctly can create a whistling or humming noise at high speeds, which can be annoying and distracting for the driver and passengers. This can make communicating with other passengers or hearing important sounds while driving difficult.
- Protection from the Elements: A properly installed windshield is a critical barrier between you and the elements of the road. It protects you and your passengers from wind, rain, snow, and debris other vehicles can kick up on the road. It also prevents insects and other small objects from entering your vehicle’s cabin, which can be a major distraction while driving.
- Durability: A properly installed windshield is less likely to crack or break during normal driving conditions, saving you money on repairs or replacements. This is especially important for drivers who frequently drive on rough or uneven roads, where the risk of damage to the windshield is higher.
- Resale Value: A properly installed windshield can increase the resale value of your vehicle, making it more attractive to potential buyers. A poorly installed windshield can decrease the vehicle’s value and make selling more difficult.
- Required for Safety Inspections: In many states, a properly installed windshield is required for a vehicle to pass a safety inspection. If the windshield is not installed correctly, the vehicle may fail the inspection, resulting in fines and penalties.
- Required for Insurance Coverage: Many insurance companies require a properly installed windshield to process a claim. If the windshield is not properly installed, the insurance company may deny the claim, leaving the driver responsible for the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Proper Alignment: A properly installed windshield is aligned correctly with the vehicle, which ensures that it fits snugly and does not allow air or water to enter the cabin. This also ensures that the windshield wipers work correctly, providing clear visibility during inclement weather.
- Reduced Wind Resistance: A properly installed windshield reduces wind resistance while driving, which can improve the handling and stability of the vehicle. This is especially important for high-speed driving or in windy conditions.
- Temperature Control: A properly installed windshield helps regulate the temperature inside the vehicle’s cabin, keeping it cooler in hot weather and warmer in cold weather. This can make the driving experience more comfortable for the vehicle’s occupants.
- Improved Driving Experience: A properly installed windshield can make the driving experience more enjoyable and comfortable. With unobstructed visibility, reduced wind noise, and improved temperature control, drivers can focus on the road ahead and enjoy their time behind the wheel.
- UV Protection: A properly installed windshield protects from harmful UV rays, which can cause skin damage and other health problems. This is especially important for drivers who spend a lot of time on the road or live in areas with high levels of UV radiation.
- Reduced Repair Costs: A properly installed windshield is less likely to require repairs or replacements over time, saving you money in the long run. By ensuring that the windshield is installed correctly, drivers can avoid costly repairs and replacements caused by improper installation.
A properly installed windshield is critical for your vehicle’s safety, functionality, and aesthetics. Protecting you and your passengers from potential injuries in an accident is also essential.
Utah Mobile Auto Glass
Whatever windshield issue you are facing, the best thing to do is leave windshield installation to a professional, which is where Utah Mobile Auto Glass comes in. We have trained technicians ready and willing to share their knowledge and expertise with you about alleviating your windshield woes. Contact us, and let’s install your windshield today!