If you have been in an accident or just had a run-in with a stray rock, you may need to know about car side window replacement.
Keep reading for more information on how the experts replace cracked or broken sided windows.
When Should I Replace my Side Window?
It can be difficult to know when the right time to replace your car’s side window is; however, the answer is sooner rather than later. Damaged side windows can be very dangerous, as they are less able to protect you in the event of an accident. Additionally, small cracks can grow bigger, eventually causing big problems. Take care of the problem ASAP rather than waiting for a bad situation to get worse.
Car side windows are typically made of tempered glass. Due to the nature of tempered glass, when it breaks, it cannot be repaired like front or rear windshield glass that has a thick plastic interior layer. Meaning your best option for a damaged side window is complete replacement.
The Replacement Process
If your car’s side window is cracked or damaged and needs to be replaced, it’s important that you get it taken care of as soon as possible. The replacement process typically goes as follows:
- Initially, the remains of your window will be removed, and any glass debris will be cleaned up.
- A new side window will be installed with careful attention.
- The window regulator will be tested to make sure your door was not damaged during the installation process, and that the window can roll up and down.
- Finally, the vehicle will be vacuumed one more time to ensure that no broken glass was left behind.
What to Look for in a Replacement Company
When searching for a side window replacement company, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- You want a company with a good reputation – While there are innumerable auto glass repair companies in the Salt Lake Valley, you don’t want to trust just any company with your vehicle. Choose a service with good online reviews and a positive local reputation.
- Some companies will come to you – If you value your time, look for an auto glass repair company that will come to you. With Utah Mobile Auto Glass, if you live within 25 miles of our Sandy, Utah location, one of our experienced technicians will come to your home to fix your windows. That means you get your windshield repaired from the comfort of your own home instead of wasting time in the auto body shop.
Let Utah Mobile Auto Glass Help
If you’re in need of car side window replacement, make the safe choice and get expert help. At Utah Mobile Auto Glass, we pride ourselves on doing timely, good work, and our positive online reviews reflect that. If you live anywhere from Lehi to Salt Lake City, Utah, contact us today to get your free quote, and your car’s windows could be good as new ASAP.